Update: This race has been canceled to to the governor’s stay at home mandate.
The OH!lly Trail 5K takes place completely on single-track trails with challenging and fun ups and downs. Total elevation change is 684 ft.
The race is open to all interested racers, runners, and walkers.
OH!lly is the second race of the Charlottesville Summer Trail Running Series, a 4-race series of 5k to nearly 5-mile distance trail runs. Prizes will be awarded to top finishers and points will be awarded to Charlottesville Trail Running Series runners.
When: Tuesday, June 9th, 2020 at 7 pm.
Where: Start and Finish on the grassy field behind UVA’s Zehmer Hall (104 Midmont Ln, Charlottesville, VA, 22903)
Entry Fee: $10 adults, $5 kids 12 and under
If you already registered for the Summer Trail Running Series, you will not need to register for this race separately.
Course map & Elevation profile
What to Expect:
- A lot of climbing and descending. You will likely be hiking some of the steep uphills and running the flats and downhills. You will be cursing the race director once you reach the “Powerlines”.
- The course is technical in the sense that there are a lot of knotty roots, rocks, and leaf cover. Unlike a road run, you will need to watch where your feet are landing.
- Because this is a trail race, it is OK to walk or power hike!
- Beautiful trails, only single track. No roads.
- Bibs, timing, and a fun, friendly, and festive atmosphere!
- Your GPS will lie to you, as will the maps. The course distance is “pretty close” to 3.1 miles.
- Prizes to top finishers.
Directions and Parking:
The race will start in the grassy fields behind UVa’s Zehmer Hall (104 Midmont Ln, Charlottesville, VA, 22903). Zehmer Hall is located on UVa Grounds off of Alderman Rd, behind St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church.
From west of Charlottesville, take 250E to Alderman Rd. Turn right on Alderman. Continue for approximately 1/4 mile, look for Midmont Ln on your right. For the Google Map location, see here.
From north, south, and east of Charlottesville, take 250W to Alderman Rd. Turn left on Alderman. Continue for approximately 1/4 mile, look for Midmont Ln on your right. For the Google Map location, see here.
Parking: There is some parking at Zehmer Hall but these spaces will fill up fast (Zehmer Hall hosts evening classes on Tuesday). Plan on parking in the Facilities Management parking lot, located just off of Alderman Rd on the other side of St. Thomas Catholic Church from Zehmer Hall (Drive down Alderman Rd just past the church and turn into the large parking are, this is the Facilities Management parking lot.
2019 Race Photos by Natalie Krovetz: