We have now completed two of the four races in the Charlottesville Summer Trail Running Series! These races have been great fun and we’ve currently got 61 racers in the running to complete all four races!
Here are the current Charlottesville Summer Trail Running Series standings: Cville Summer Trail Running Series Standings 6-17-2015
With two races left, we could see lots of movement up and down in the rankings and if you don’t complete the last two races, you could drop off the list!
The two remaining races are:
- The Camp Holiday Trails (CHT) 5-miler on Saturday, July 18th at 7:30 am. More information and online registration are available here.
- The Summer Meltdown 4-miler on Tuesday, August 11th at 7 pm. Registration and more details coming soon!
Immediately following the Summer Meltdown 4-miler, we will have our Series Blowout Cookout/Barbeque at the Pen Park Start/Finish line, featuring good food and beer, Meltdown race awards, Series top finisher awards, and super-cool finisher shirts!
For those of you that have already raced one or both of our Series races, here are some great reasons to run the remaining two races:
1. Racers that finish all four races will receive a high-quality Series finisher Patagonia tech shirt!
2. Racers that finish three of the four races will receive a cotton t-shirt commemorating the Series.
3. Kick-butt awards will be given to the top overall and Masters Series winners! (Overall winners that are 40+ cannot also receive the Masters winner finish)
4. A raging cookout/bbq will follow the Summer Meltdown race right at the race Start/Finish at Pen Park!!
5. Registration is now open for the CHT 5-miler on Saturday, July 18th. Register now! Note that the CHT 5-miler is a little more expensive than our other races ($20) because all surplus funds will be donated to Camp Holiday Trails.
Of course, we are also excited for non-series runners to join us for our last two races. All runners (and walkers) are welcome to register for the races and to join us at our Series Blowout Cookout/Barbeque on August 11, following the Summer Meltdown 4-miler.